Here are examples of what motivates students at Kingston Literacy:
- I’m looking for work and I want to improve my chances.
- I’ve been promoted and soon I’ll be expected to write work reports.
- I’m learning about computers – can’t avoid them any more.
- Shopping wouldn’t be so stressful if I could do math better.
- I want to give my children help with their homework.
- I want to get my driver’s licence.
- I plan to take a college course but I know my reading skills are rusty.
- I’d like to get my grade 12 diploma so I’m going to brush-up on the basics first.
- I’m preparing to sit the GED – and get a high school equivalency certificate.