Above and Beyond
- Draw a family tree diagram.
- Bring in family photos and write captions.
- Write short stories about family events and memories.
- Interview other people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures about their family customs.
- Visit a library and borrow parenting magazines.
- Read articles in parenting magazines and write reviews.
- Prepare a newsletter or fact sheets on parenting topics.
- Explore the Statistics Canada website for data on families and multiculturalism.
The Family – Literacy at Home – Healthy Eating – Shopping and Budgeting – Growing and Learning – Keeping Fit – Sickness and Health – Playing with Language – The Next Step